National Animal of Iraq
The Goat is the national animal of Iraq. The Goat was entitled as the official Iraq’s national animal. Capra aegagrus hircus is the scientific name of Goat. The national animal of Iraq is Goat, which is mainly found in South Asia. China is most goat producing country. Other main occurring countries are India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, Brazil, Indonesia, Kenya, Mali, Mexico, Mongolia, and Somalia where significantly populated. Goats are proficient of adapting to different agro-climatic circumstances that ranging from arid dry to cold arid to hot humid. They can be grown in plains, hilly tracts, and sandy zones with high altitudes. They’re easy to handle, even by children. The Iraq’s national animal Goat is the well accepted to the people of Iraq that are the reason to designate as the official national animal of the country.
National animal of Iraq Facts
- Common Name: Goat
- Scientific Name: Capra aegagrus hircus
- Color: Coat color of the goat may vary; it can be black, white, red, and brown. Its patterns range includes solid color, spotted, striped, blended shades, and facial stripes.
- Length: Length can be the range from 110 to 170 cm.
- Height: Height is at the shoulder from 70-120 cm.
- Weight: weight range from 45-54 kg.
- Diet: Goats are reputed to be willing to eat almost anything, including tin cans and cardboard boxes but they have not in fact eaten inedible material. They eat grasses and shrubs. Goats can choose what grasses they will eat and generally avoid grass covered in feces.
- Cubs: The female Goat are usually giving birth of one or two kids, which may rarely three after a gestation period of 150–180 days.
- Behavior: Being social animals the goat prefers to be in the company of other goats. The human also controlled dimension of captive herds. Herd sizes of the wild may be inclined to the range of 5 to 20 members; however it can be raise to 100.
- Lifespan: The lifespan of 15–18 years.
- Predators: The coyotes, dogs, mountain lions, foxes, eagles, and bobcats are main predators of domestic goats. The inhabitants who are domesticates the goat have provide the most protection by keeping them in fences to save them from the predators.
The Iraq’s national animal, the domestic goat that comes from the family Bovidae, which is closely related to the sheep as both are in the goat-antelope subfamily Caprinae. It is a subspecies of goat cultivated from the wild goat of southwest Asia and Eastern Europe. There are over 300 dissimilar breeds of goat in the world. Goat is sexually dimorphic animal. They have horns, beard, a rank odor. The aroma stems from sex glands. The horns are unfilled, and grow both scimitar or coiled. The fur is commonly straight; on the other hand some breeds have a wool undercoat. Coat color of the goat may vary; it can be black, white, red, and brown. The range of color patterns is including solid color, spotted, striped, blended shades, and facial stripes. They have straight or convex nose and the tail is short and bent upward. The male goats are being called as ‘Bucks’ or ‘Billies’ when it is intact while it is called ‘withers’ as they are castrated and the females are called as ‘does’ or ‘nannies’. Young goats of either sex referred as kids. The does give birth commonly two kids which may single or three after a gestation period of 150 to 180 days. The breeding seasons are mostly in spring.
The national animal of Iraq, Goat is an itinerant animal. They move to find new areas, which provide adequate food. The Goat migrates during the winter period, toward the lower altitudes to flee from the tremendously low temperatures and be short of food. Being a ruminants animal, the goat have a four-chambered stomach identifiably the rumen, the reticulum, the omasum, and the abomasums. Goats are reputed to be willing to eat almost anything, including tin cans and cardboard boxes but they have not in fact eaten inedible material. They eat grasses and shrubs. Goats generally avoid grass that covered in feces. The goat has significant economical value. They provide milk, meat, cheese and leather. The goat milk is more digestible for humans. That’s why lot of people throughout the world make farm for cultivating goats commercially.