What Is The National Monument of France?
Paris, the City of Light is the world’s most visited capital. The city is proud of its many monuments from the iconic Eiffel Tower to the lofty Notre-Dame cathedral and the majestic Arc de Triomphe. No doubt this is Europe’s most enchanting capital. Here is the list for the Top 5 most Famous Monuments of Paris:
1. Eiffel Tower- Among the famous monuments of Paris, La Tour Eiffel is Certainly the most popular. The “dame de fer” (iron lady) is known everywhere in the world.
2. Arc de Triomphe- The Arc de Triomphe is a monumental triumphal arch that sits at the top of the prestigious Avenue des Champs-Élysées.
3. Palais du Louvre- It is said that the Louvre is the world’s largest museum. Whether it is true or not, it does rank as one of the most majestic palaces of Europe.
4. Notre-Dame- The Paris cathedral of Notre-Dame is a jewel of Gothic architecture and arguably one of the finest churches in Europe.
5. Sacré-Cœur- Visible from many parts of Paris, the basilica of Sacré-Cœur stands like a whipped-cream church atop the hill of Montmartre.