Ohio is in the Great Lakes Region of the US. The state is the 7th most populous state in the country with a population of about 11,613,423. Columbus is the biggest city in Ohio as well as the state capital. Ohio is in between the Northeast and the Midwest, a strategic location that has helped it grow economically and expand. Manufacturing and financial institutions are the biggest contributors to Ohio’s economy. The state has the largest bioscience economy in the Midwest, and it leads the nation in the green economy.
- The Ohio State Nicknamed Is “Buckeye State”.
- Ohio State is located in between 39.988N, 082.987W of the U.S.
- The state is bordered by Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia.
- The total land area of Ohio is 44828 sq.mi.
- The name of the state originated from the name of the river “Ohio”. The word “Ohio” in Seneca language means “the Great River.
- Ohio is situated between the Eastern Seaboard and the Midwest and is known for the fact that eight presidents were either born or lived there.
- Historical Sites in Ohio are Indian burial grounds at Mound City Group National Monument.
- Ohio has nearly 75000 farms and more than 14 million acres. Farming being Ohio’s number one industry contributes more than $100 billion to the state’s economy.