Idaho is a landlocked mountainous state Located in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. Political Map of Idaho is the 14th largest state with an area of 83,569 square miles (216,440 km2). With a population of approximately 1.7 million, Idaho is also the 39th most populous state in the country. The state is 7th least densely populated of the 50 U.S. states. Idaho shares borders with Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and Canada.
Idaho Fast Facts
- Capital City: Boise (pop. 202,832) (2008 est.)
- Idaho Population: 1,595,728 (2012 est.) (39th)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Boise, Nampa, Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Meridian, Coeur d’Alene
- Statehood: July 3, 1890 (43rd state)
The state’s capital and largest city are Boise. The Political Map of Idaho shows Idaho with boundaries, the location of the state capital Boise, major cities and populated places, rivers, and lakes, interstate highways, principal highways, and railroads.
In the early 19th century, Idaho was part of the Oregon Country. The area was located between the United States and the United Kingdom. The United States was successful in gaining undisputed jurisdiction over the area in 1846. On July 3, 1890, Idaho became the 43rd state of the United States. Lewiston was the first territorial capital then moved to Boise in 1865.