Iowa is a US state located in the Midwestern United States. Iowa Blank Outline Map shares a border with Minnesota to the north, Missouri to the south, and South Dakota to the northwest. It also shares borders with the Missouri River and Big Sioux River to the west and the Mississippi River to the east. It is the only state whose east and west borders are created entirely by rivers.
Iowa is the 26th largest state of the United States with an area of 56,272.81 square miles. As per a 2016 estimate, Iowa has a population of 3.18 million people. It is the 30th most populated state of the country. Des Moines is the state capital of Iowa. It is also the largest city in the state with a population of 215,500.
Iowa Map Fast Facts
- Capital City: Des Moines (pop. 209,124) (2008 est.)
- Iowa Population: 3,074,186 (2012 est.) (30th)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Waterloo, Iowa City
- Statehood: December 28, 1846 (29th state)