Pennsylvania is a state located in the Mid-Atlantic region in the northeast of the United States. The state shares border with Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, and the Canadian province of Ontario. The capital city of the state is Harrisburg while Philadelphia is the largest city of the state.
Pennsylvania Map Facts
- Capital City: Harrisburg (pop.) 47,196 (2010 est.)
- Pennsylvania Population: 12,763,536 (2012 est.) (6th)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar
- Land Area:
( land) 44,817 sq miles
( water) 1,239 sq miles
( TOTAL) 46,056 sq miles
- Horizontal Width: 284 miles from the Ohio border, directly east of Philadelphia
- Vertical Length: 158 miles from the state’s central New York border, directly south of the Maryland border
- Bordering States: (6) New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, and Ohio
- Counties: (67) Map
- County: (largest by population) Philadelphia 1,528,655
- Geographic Center: is located 3 miles west of Pleasant Gap in Centre County
- Highest Point: Mt. Davis, at 3,213 ft.
- Lowest Point: Lake Erie, 0 ft.
- Mean Elevation: 1,128 ft.
Pennsylvania Map With Capital
Largest cities in Pennsylvania with a population: Philadelphia (1,568,000), Pittsburgh (303,000), Allentown (120,500), Erie (98,500), Reading (88,000), Scranton (77,300), Bethlehem (75,300), Lancaster (59,300), Harrisburg (49,000).
The Pennsylvania Outline Map shows the US state of Pennsylvania with boundaries. The location of the state capital Harrisburg, major cities and populated places, rivers, and lakes, interstate highways, principal highways, and railroads.
✅What is Pennsylvania Mostly Known For?
Pennsylvania has been one of the nation’s most important industrial centers for coal, steel, and railroads, especially before War World II.