The United States of America (USA) is located in central North America, between Canada and Mexico. The Map of the USA is the world’s third- or fourth-largest in terms of land area. It has a total area of 3.8 million square miles (9.8 million square kilometers). There is a 9-time zone in the Time Zone Map of the USA. All-time zone boundaries and DST observance are looking after by the Department of Transportation.
Time Zone is a Term to describe the local time of a Region or a Country. The local Time within a Time Zone Map is described by its offset (difference) from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). It is the world’s time standard. UTC time changes 1 hour forward and backward corresponding to a 1-hour difference in mean solar time for every 15 degrees east or west of the prime meridian (0° longitude) in Greenwich, London, United Kingdom. The offset is expressed as either UTC- or UTC+ and the number of hours and minutes.
The Nine Standard Time Zones Name Are:
- Atlantic Standard Time (AST)
- Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- Central Standard Time (CST)
- Mountain Standard Time (MST)
- Pacific Standard Time (PST)
- Alaskan Standard Time (AKST)
- Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HST)
- Samoa standard time (UTC-11)
- Chamorro Standard Time (UTC+10)