The United States is located in central North America between Canada and Mexico. It is a Constitutional Federal Republic country. The United States Political Map is the world’s third- or fourth-largest country by total area. It consists of 50 states. Besides the 48 conterminous states that occupy the middle latitudes of the continent, the United States includes the state of Alaska and the island state of Hawaii, in the mid-Pacific Ocean.
The United States is the third-largest country in the world, including the non-contiguous states of Alaska and Hawaii. The United States borders Mexico on the south and Canada to the north, and the states on the south-east coast touch the Gulf of Mexico.
The United States map shows the US bordering the Atlantic, Pacific, and Arctic oceans, as well as the Gulf of Mexico. The United States map shows the major rivers and lakes of the US, including the Great Lakes that it shares with Canada.
US Map Facts
- Land Area: 9,147,593 km2
- Water Area: 685,924 km2
- Total Area: 9,833,517 km2
- Population: 323,995,528
- Population Density: 32.95 / km2
- Government Type: Constitutional Federal Republic
- GDP (PPP): $18.60 Trillion
- GDP Per Capita: $57,300
- Currency: Dollar (USD)
- Largest Cities: New York City (8,175,133), Los Angeles (3,792,621), Chicago (2,695,598), Brooklyn (2,300,664), Borough of Queens (2,272,771), Houston (2,099,451), Philadelphia (1,526,006), Manhattan (1,487,536), Phoenix (1,445,632), The Bronx (1,385,108)