Paris, the City of Light is the world’s most visited capital. The city is proud of its many monuments from the iconic Eiffel Tower to the lofty Notre-Dame cathedral and the majestic Arc de Triomphe. No doubt this is Europe’s most enchanting capital. Here is the list for the Top 5 most Famous Monuments of Paris:
1. Eiffel Tower- Among the famous monuments of Paris, La Tour Eiffel is Certainly the most popular. The “dame de fer” (iron lady) is known everywhere in the world.
2. Arc de Triomphe- The Arc de Triomphe is a monumental triumphal arch that sits at the top of the prestigious Avenue des Champs-Élysées.
3. Palais du Louvre- It is said that the Louvre is the world’s largest museum. Whether it is true or not, it does rank as one of the most majestic palaces of Europe.
4. Notre-Dame- The Paris cathedral of Notre-Dame is a jewel of Gothic architecture and arguably one of the finest churches in Europe.
5. Sacré-Cœur- Visible from many parts of Paris, the basilica of Sacré-Cœur stands like a whipped-cream church atop the hill of Montmartre.