Africa is the second-largest continent in the world, after Asia. It is home to 54 countries and over 1.3 billion people. Africa is a diverse continent with a rich history and culture. It is also home to some of the most stunning scenery on Earth, from the Sahara Desert to the Serengeti National Park.
The outline map of Africa shows the continent’s borders and its main geographical features, such as the Sahara Desert, the Nile River, and the Congo River Basin. The map also shows the locations of some of Africa’s major cities, such as Cairo, Lagos, and Johannesburg.
This downloadable Blank Map of Africa makes that challenge a little easier. Teachers can test their students’ knowledge of African geography by using the numbered, blank map. Students can prepare by using the downloadable blank Africa map with country labels.
Empty Africa Map
Africa Map Facts
- Continent Size: Second largest in the world
- Area: 11,700,000 square miles
- Estimated population: 877 million people
- Largest City: Cairo, Egypt, 9.2 million people
- Largest Country: Algeria – 919,595 square miles (was Sudan, 968,000 square miles)
- Longest River: the Nile, 4,160 miles
- Largest Lake: Victoria, 26,828 square miles
- Tallest Mountain: Kilimanjaro, Tanzania, 19,340 feet
Africa’s Major Cities
- Cairo, Egypt: Cairo is the capital of Egypt and the largest city in Africa. It is located on the Nile River delta and is home to over 20 million people.
- Lagos, Nigeria: Lagos is the most populous city in Africa, with over 21 million people. It is located on the Gulf of Guinea and is the commercial capital of Nigeria.
- Johannesburg, South Africa: Johannesburg is the largest city in South Africa and the economic center of the country. It is located in the Gauteng province and is home to over 5 million people.
✅Map of Africa Blank
Africa is surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea to the north, the Isthmus of Suez and the Red Sea to the northeast, the Indian Ocean to the southeast, and the Atlantic Ocean to the west.
✅Blank Political Map of Africa
There are 54 sovereign states (or countries) in Africa. The safest country in Africa, Mauritius is also the 28th-safest country in the world. Mauritius is a multicultural island nation that is family-friendly and secure.