Map of Ann Arbor City | Political, Geography And Road Map
Ann Arbor is a city in Washtenaw County, Michigan, United States. It is located about 37 miles (60 km) southwest of Detroit and about 40 miles (64 km) southeast of Lansing, the state capital. Ann Arbor is the fifth-largest city in Michigan and the principal city of the Ann Arbor Metropolitan Statistical Area, which encompasses all of Washtenaw County.
- Location: Ann Arbor is situated in southeastern Michigan, approximately 40 miles west of Detroit.
- Area: The city covers an area of 28.7 square miles (74.3 square kilometers).
- Population: 123,851 (2020 census)
- Nickname: Ann Arbor is often lovingly referred to as “Tree Town” due to its numerous parks and lush greenery.
Political Map of Ann Arbor City
Ann Arbor operates under a council-manager form of government. The city is governed by an elected Mayor and City Council, which sets policies and budgets. A City Administrator oversees the day-to-day operations of the government, ensuring efficient service delivery to residents.
Geography Map of Ann Arbor City
Ann Arbor is located in the Southern Michigan Drift Plain. The city is generally flat, with some rolling hills. The Huron River flows through the city and divides it into two parts: the north side and the south side. Ann Arbor has a humid continental climate, with warm, humid summers and cold, snowy winters.
Road Map of Ann Arbor City
- Roads: Major highways like I-94 and US-23 provide easy access to Ann Arbor. The city itself is served by a well-maintained road system, including State Street, Washtenaw Avenue, and Main Street.
- Public Transit: Ann Arbor offers a reliable public transportation system known as “TheRide.” It includes buses and paratransit services that connect various neighborhoods within the city and link to neighboring communities.
- Air: Ann Arbor is located about 20 miles (32 km) from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, which is the largest airport in Michigan.