Map of Lakeland City | Political, Blank, Geography And Road Map
Lakeland City is strategically positioned between two major Florida cities: Orlando and Tampa. Situated in the heart of Polk County, it offers convenient access to various attractions and economic hubs. Covering an area of around 77 square miles, Lakeland City provides residents and visitors with plenty of space to explore and enjoy.
- Population: 112,645 (2020)
- Area: 98.6 square miles (255.4 km²)
- Elevation: 134 feet (41 m)
- Climate: Subtropical
- Time zone: Eastern Time Zone (UTC−5)
- Zip codes: 33801-33817, 33819, 33820, 33823, 33825
Political Map of Lakeland City
Like many cities in the United States, Lakeland City operates under a mayor-council system. The mayor is the elected head of the city government, responsible for overseeing city operations and representing the community’s interests.
Blank Map of Lakeland City
The map of Lakeland City shows the major roads, highways, and landmarks in the city. The city is divided into four quadrants: Northwest, Northeast, Southwest, and Southeast. The city center is located in the Southwest quadrant.
Geography Map of Lakeland City
Lakeland is located in the rolling hills of central Florida. The city is surrounded by lakes and citrus groves. Lakeland has a humid subtropical climate with hot, humid summers and mild winters. The average temperature in January is 62.7 degrees Fahrenheit (17.1 degrees Celsius) and the average temperature in July is 82.6 degrees Fahrenheit (28.1 degrees Celsius).
Road Map of Lakeland City
- Roads: Lakeland is served by several major highways, including Interstate 4 (I-4), which connects the city to both Orlando and Tampa. State Road 570 (Polk Parkway) also provides convenient access to the region.
- Air Travel: The Lakeland Linder International Airport (LAL) serves the city and surrounding areas. While smaller than the international airports in Orlando and Tampa, it provides essential regional air travel options.