Covering an area of 7,617,930 sq. km, Australia is the world’s 6th largest country and the largest country in Oceania. Outline Map of Australia consisting of the mainland of the Australian continent, the Tasmania island, and numerous minor islands. The current population of Australia is 25,778,568 making it the 52nd most populous country in the world.
The neighboring countries of Map of Australia are Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, and East Timor to the north; the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu to the north-east; and New Zealand to the south-east. Canberra is the official nation’s capital of Australia, while Sydney is the largest and the most populous city of Australia and Oceania.
Fast Fact About Australia
- Name: Commonwealth of Australia
- Government: Democracy
- Population: About 25.5 million (2021)
- Capital: Canberra with 462,000 people (2021)
- Language: English
- Currency: 1 Australian dollar ($) = 100 cents
- Religion: mainly Christians
- Timezones: 3
- National Symbols: Golden wattle (flower), opal (gemstone), green and gold (colors), and the Commonwealth Star (a seven-pointed star)
- National Anthem: Advance Australia Fai
Australia Blank Map
Map of Australia is divided into six states and two territories. Five states can be found on the mainland, while the remaining state is an island located over 100 miles from the mainland. The two major mainland territories are the Australian Capital Territory and Northern Territory.