The United States of America is the world”s third-largest country in size (after Russia and Canada) and the third-largest in terms of population (after China and India). Located in North America, the country is bordered on the west by the Pacific Ocean, and on the east by the Atlantic Ocean. Along the northern border is Canada, and along the southern border is Mexico.
A region is an area of land that has common features. A region can be defined by natural or artificial features. Language, government, or religion can define a region, as can forests, wildlife, or climate. A common way of referring to the Interactive us region map is grouping them into 5 regions according to their geographic position on the continent.
The 5 Interactive regions on United States region map are the Northeast, Southwest, West, Southeast, and Midwest. Each region has a distinct culture, history, climate, geographic features, and more. Geographers who study regions may also find other physical or cultural similarities or differences between these areas. Each Interactive Region has a distinct culture, history, climate, geographic features, and more.
Region Map of USA
Regions of USA
– New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont)
– Mid-Atlantic (New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania)
– East North Central (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin)
– West North Central (Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota)
– South Atlantic (Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, District of Columbia, and West Virginia)
– East South Central (Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee)
– West South Central (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas)
– Mountain (Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming)
– Pacific (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington)
Region Map of USA shows four geographic regions: the East Coast, Midwest, South, and West. There Are many Physical regions of the country which are: the Atlantic Coastal Plains, Appalachian Mountains, Great Lakes, and Great Rivers Basin, Great Plains, Rocky Mountains, and Plateaus, Great Basin, Sierra Nevada, and Cascades Mountains, and the Pacific Coast.
✅United States Region Map
- New England Region. …
- Mid-Atlantic Region. …
- Southern Region. …
- Mid-West Region. …
- South-West Region. …
- Rocky Mountains. …
- Pacific Coastal Region.
✅Why is the US Divided into States and Regions?
The country is so big, that it has been divided into regions by the US government. This was done in order to more easily discuss issues that pertain to each area. States are divided into counties or county-equivalents, which may be assigned some local governmental authority but are not sovereign.