The United States of America (USA) is located in central North America, between Canada and Mexico. The Political Maps of USA is the world’s third- or fourth-largest in terms of land area. It has a total area of 3.8 million square miles (9.8 million square kilometers). Of this area, the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia cover 8,080,470 sq. km. The remaining area is part of the US territories and Hawaii state.
The Map of the USA shares land borders with Canada and Mexico and maritime borders with Russia, Cuba, the Bahamas, and other countries. The United States and Canada’s land border is the world’s longest international border. It has a total area of 8,891 kilometers (5,525 mi), of which 2,475 kilometers (1,538 mi) is the border of Alaska with British Columbia and Yukon. Mexico–United States border has a total length of 3,145 kilometers (1,954 mi).
USA Map Quick Facts
- Land Area: 9,147,593 km2
- Water Area: 685,924 km2
- Total Area: 9,833,517 km2
- Population: 323,995,528
- Population Density: 32.95 / km2
- Government Type: Constitutional Federal Republic
- GDP (PPP): $18.60 Trillion
- GDP Per Capita: $57,300
- Currency: Dollar (USD)
- Largest Cities: New York City (8,175,133), Los Angeles (3,792,621), Chicago (2,695,598), Brooklyn (2,300,664), Borough of Queens (2,272,771), Houston (2,099,451), Philadelphia (1,526,006), Manhattan (1,487,536), Phoenix (1,445,632), The Bronx (1,385,108)
The United States shares international land borders with two nations: The Canada–United States border to the north of the Contiguous United States and to the east of Alaska. The Mexico–United States border to the south.
- Alaska, USA – Canada 1,538 miles (2,475 km)
- Canada – USA 3,145 miles (5,061 km)
- Mexico – USA 1,951 miles (3,141 km)
- Bordering Countries (2) Canada and Mexico