Milk Is The Official State Beverage Of Wisconsin. Milk was Adopted as the official Wisconsin State Beverage in 1987. Wisconsin is the nation’s leading milk-producing state in the USA. Milk is very important to Wisconsin’s economy (Wisconsin’s slogan is “America’s Dairyland”). Wisconsin State Beverage Milk is a nutrient-rich, white liquid food produced by the mammary glands of mammals. Milk is the primary source of nutrition for infant mammals (including humans who are breastfed) before they are able to digest other types of food. Milk contains colostrum, which carries the mother’s antibodies to its young and It can reduce the risk of many diseases. Wisconsin State Beverage contains many other nutrients including protein and lactose. Interspecies consumption of milk is not uncommon, particularly among humans, many of whom consume the milk of other mammals.
Fast Facts About Wisconsin’s Dairy Industry
- Wisconsin Has 9,520 licensed dairy farms and a Total of 1,279,000 dairy cows.
- An average number of cows per farm in Wisconsin 117 dairy cows.
- Wisconsin Cows Produces 23,552 pounds/ 2,739 gallons of State Beverage Of Wisconsin milk per cow each year.
- Wisconsin Produces 3,167,495,000 pounds of cheese, accounting for 26.2 percent of the United States total.
- In the year of 1939, the phrase “America’s Dairyland” was added to the Wisconsin license plate by the legislature.
- According to the U.S.D.A. National Agricultural Service in 2012, Wisconsin 96 percent of dairy farms are family-owned.
- The farm of Craig and Laura Beane in Jefferson County held the first organized dairy breakfast in 1970.
Incredible Benefits Of Milk:
- Supplies Calcium:
According to Institute of Medicine (US) Committee to Review Dietary Reference Intakes for Vitamin D and Calcium, in the United States, an estimated 72 percent of calcium comes from milk, cheese, and yogurt, as well as from foods to which dairy products have been added, such as pizza, dairy desserts.
- Improves Heart Health:
Although most of the focus of calcium is on bones, it has also been shown to reduce cardiovascular diseases and the chances of strokes.
- Dental Care:
Encouraging children and youngsters to drink milk will give them excellent dental health, as it protects the enamel surface against acidic substances.
- Improving Diet & Vitamin Intake:
According to Some Mejor Medical research, drinking milk considerably improves our intake of vital minerals and vitamins.