Indiana Political Map | Large Printable High Resolution Map
Indiana Political Map | Large Printable High Resolution Map is the Map of Indiana. You can also free download Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop. Click Printable Large Map
Indiana is located in the Midwestern and Great Lakes regions of North America. Map of Indiana is the 38th-largest by area with an area of 94,321 km² (36,418 sq mi). With 6.73 million people, It is the 17th-most populous of the 50 United States. Indianapolis is the state capital and largest city of Indiana.
It shares borders with Ohio in the east Political Map. In the west, the Wabash River forms the southern section of its border with Illinois, in the south, the Ohio River creates the natural border with Kentucky. In the north, it shares a state line with Michigan. Indiana also has a short coastline at Lake Michigan in the northwest.
- Capital City: Indianapolis (metro pop.) 2,014,267 (city pop.) 795,458 (2008 est.)
- Origin of Name: “Land of Indians” in new Latin.
- Motto: “The Crossroads of America”
- Slogan: “Honest to Goodness Indiana”
- Indiana Population: 6,537,334 (2012 est.) (16th)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Evansville, South Bend, Gary, Hammond
- Statehood: December 11, 1816 (19th state)
- Organized as territory: May 7, 1800
- Present constitution adopted: 1851
- Largest Cities (2010): Indianapolis, 834,852; Fort Wayne, 254,555; Evansville, 120,235; South Bend, 100,800; Carmel, 83,565; Bloomington, 81,963; Fishers, 81,833; Hammond, 79,686; Gary, 79,170; Muncie, 70,087
|« Tennessee Location Map | Large Printable High Resolution and Standard Map||Iowa Political Map | Large Printable High Resolution and Standard Map »|