Time Zone Map of USA and Canada
Time Zone Map of USA and Canada is the Map of United States of America. You can also free download United States of America Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop. Click Printable Large Map
The United States of America is the world’s third-largest country in size (after Russia and Canada) and the third-largest in terms of population (after China and India). Located in North America, the country is bordered on the west by the Pacific Ocean, and on the east by the Atlantic Ocean. Along the northern border is Canada, and along the southern border is Mexico. Time Zone map USA and canada features 9-time zone in the USA and its dependencies. however, adding the time zones of 2 uninhabited US territories gives 11 time zones in total.
How to Read A US Time Zone Map?
Time zone maps separate the US into vertical blocks that represent different time zones. Each zone is usually highlighted with a different color and shows what time it would be in that zone compared to other zones.
Each time zone has a name that reflects its location. For example, the Pacific Time Zone (or Pacific Time) is made up of states like California and Nevada that are on or near the Pacific Ocean. TheEastern Time Zone (or Eastern Time) is made up of states like Florida and New York that are in the eastern part of the country.
US Time Zones:
1. The Atlantic standard time zone
2. The Eastern standard time zone
3. The Central standard time zone
4. The Mountain standard time zone
5. The Pacific standard time zone
6. The Alaska standard time zone
7. The Hawaii–Aleutian standard time zone
8. The Samoa standard time zone
9. The Chamorro standard time zone
List of Which States Lie In Each Time Zone:
- Hawaii Standard Time: Hawaii
- Alaska Standard Time: Alaska
- Pacific Standard Time: Washington; Oregon (western section); California; Idaho (northern section);Nevada; Mountain Standard Time; Montana; Oregon (eastern section); Idaho (southern section);Utah; Arizona; Wyoming; Colorado; New Mexico; Texas (western section); North Dakota (southwestern section); South Dakota (south western section); Nebraska (western section); Kansas(western section)
- Central Standard Time: North Dakota (eastern section); South Dakota (eastern section); Nebraska(eastern section); Kansas (eastern section); Oklahoma; Texas; Minnesota; Iowa; Missouri; Arkansas;Louisiana; Michigan (Upper Peninsula southern section); Wisconsin; Illinois; Kentucky (westernsection); Tennessee (western section); Mississippi; Indiana (western section); Alabama; Florida(north-western section)
- Eastern Standard Time: Michigan (except for Upper Peninsula southern section); Indiana (easternsection); Kentucky (eastern section); Tennessee (eastern section); Georgia; Florida (south-easternsection); Ohio; West Virginia; Virginia; North Carolina; South Carolina; New York; Pennsylvania;Maryland; New Jersey; Delaware; Vermont; Massachusetts; Connecticut; New Hampshire; RhodeIsland; Maine
Canada Time Zone Map
There are Six Primary Time Zones in Canada. From east to west they are Newfoundland Time Zone, Atlantic Time Zone, Eastern Time, Central Time Zone, Mountain Time Zone, and the Pacific Time Zone. Most of Canada operates on standard time from the first Sunday in November to the second Sunday in March and daylight saving time for the rest of the year.
Canada Time Zone List:
|Offset||Time Zone Abbreviation & Name||Example City|
|UTC -8||PST||Pacific Standard Time||Vancouver|
|UTC -7||MST||Mountain Standard Time||Edmonton|
|UTC -6||CST||Central Standard Time||Winnipeg|
|UTC -5||EST||Eastern Standard Time||Toronto|
|UTC -4||AST||Atlantic Standard Time||Halifax|
|UTC -3:30||NST||Newfoundland Standard Time||St. John’s|
Like in the US, Canada’s time zones are often referred to by their generic name, without making a difference between standard time and Daylight Saving Time designations. For example, Central Time (CT) refers to Central Standard Time (CST) or Central Daylight Time (CDT), depending on which is currently in use.