State Beverage Of Oregon
Milk Is The Official State Beverage Of Oregon. Milk was Adopted as the official Oregon State Beverage in 1997, recognizing the production of milk and dairy products as major contributors to the economy of Oregon and agriculture. Each Oregon dairy cow produces about 6.5 gallons of milk per day. Less than half of this milk is consumed as a beverage for people. the rest of them is used for butter, cheese, ice cream, milk powder, and other processed products. National Beverage Of Oregon Milk has been called a nearly perfect food and it is also a source of protein, calcium, and several other important nutrients.
Oregon State Beverage Milk is a nutrient-rich, white liquid food produced by the mammary glands of mammals. State Beverage Milk is the primary source of nutrition for infant mammals. Early-lactation milk contains colostrum, which carries the mother’s antibodies to its young and can reduce the risk of many diseases and Improve Health conditions. State Beverage Of Oregon Milk contains many other nutrients including protein and lactose. Interspecies consumption of milk is not uncommon, particularly among humans, many of whom consume the milk of other mammals.
Milk has a long and rich history. For example, did you know?
- The Bible describes the Promised Land as Aa land flowing with milk and honey.”
- Sanskrit records mentioned milk 6,000 years ago.
- The Greek physician Hippocrates recommended milk as a medicine some 2,300 years ago.
- It has been said that one reason for the high death rate among those who traveled to the New World on the Mayflower was that they had no fresh milk to drink.
- Christopher Columbus brought cattle to the New World on his second voyage.
Incredible Benefits Of Milk:
- Improves Heart Health:
Although most of the focus of calcium is on bones, it has also been shown to reduce cardiovascular diseases and the chances of strokes.
- Dental Care:
Encouraging children and youngsters to drink National Beverage Of Oregon milk will give them excellent dental health, as it protects the enamel surface against acidic substances.
- Improving Diet & Vitamin Intake:
According to much medical research, drinking milk daily considerably improves our intake of vital minerals and vitamins.