Maine is the most northern us state situated in the northeastern part of the country. It is located in the New England region of the United States. The Maine Blank Outline Map is the 12th smallest of the country with an area of 35,385 square miles. Augusta is the state capital city of Maine, while Portland is the largest city of the state. Maine was joined to the Union on March 15, 1820, as the 23rd state.
- Capital City: Augusta 18,367 (2008 est.)
- Maine Population: 1,329,192 (2012 est.) (41st)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Portland, Lewiston, Bangor, South Portland, Auburn, Biddeford
- Statehood: March 15, 1820 (23rd state)
- Time zone: UTC−05:00
Maine is the most northern state located in the New England region of the United States. The Maine Outline Map is divided into three distinct areas; the Atlantic Ocean Coastal Lowlands, the Central Uplands, and mountain ranges of the Appalachian Mountains in the northwestern reaches of the state. Maine’s landscape offers some amazing geographical features: the state is number one in forestry in the US, about 83% of its territory is forested.