Map of Lafayette City | Political, Blank, Geography And Road Map
Lafayette is located in southwestern Louisiana, about 20 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico. It is the seat of Lafayette Parish and the fourth-largest city in Louisiana. Lafayette is located at the intersection of Interstate 10 and Interstate 49, making it a major transportation hub for the region. The city has a total area of 53.4 square miles (138.3 km²).
- Location: Southwest Louisiana, United States
- Area: 53.4 square miles (138.3 km²)
- Population: 127,239 (2022)
- Political system: Council-manager government
- Geography: Gently rolling hills with a few streams and rivers
Political Map of Lafayette City
Lafayette City operates under a mayor-council system, with the Mayor serving as the chief executive officer. The city government is responsible for overseeing public services, urban planning, and maintaining the quality of life for its residents.
Blank Map of Lafayette City
Lafayette City, a vibrant and historically rich metropolis, is a captivating destination located in the heart of the United States.
Geography Map of Lafayette City
Lafayette is located in the Gulf Coastal Plain, which is a region of gently rolling hills with a few streams and rivers. The city’s climate is humid subtropical with hot summers and mild winters. Average high temperatures in the summer range from 85 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit (29 to 35 degrees Celsius). Average low temperatures in the winter range from 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit (4 to 10 degrees Celsius). Lafayette receives an average of 55 inches of rain per year.
Road Map of Lafayette City
- Public Transportation: The city offers a public bus system that connects various neighborhoods, making it easy to commute within the city.
- Highways: Lafayette is a major transportation hub, with several major highways passing through or near the city, including Interstate 65 and U.S. Route 52.
- Airport: The Purdue University Airport serves the city, providing domestic flight options for travelers.