Map of Buckeye City | Political, Geography And Road Map
Buckeye, Arizona, is a city in Maricopa County, located approximately 30 miles west of downtown Phoenix. It is the largest city in Arizona by area and the westernmost suburb in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. As of the 2020 census, the population was 91,502, up from 50,876 in 2010, and 6,537 in 2000. Buckeye is one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States, and it is expected to continue to grow in the coming years.
- Population: 96,674 (2023)
- Area: 104.9 square miles (271.7 km²)
- Elevation: 925 feet (282 m)
- Climate: Hot desert
- Time zone: Arizona Standard Time (MST) (UTC−7)
- Political system: Council-manager government
- ZIP codes: 85326, 85327, 85328, 85329, 85333, 85396
Political Map of Buckeye City
Buckeye City is governed by a council-manager government. The city council is composed of six members who are elected to four-year terms. The city manager is appointed by the city council and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the city.
Geography Map of Buckeye City
The city is located in Maricopa County, in the southwestern region of the Phoenix metropolitan area. Its unique geography includes stunning desert landscapes, mountain vistas, and easy access to natural wonders like the White Tank Mountain Regional Park.
Transport Map of Buckeye City
Buckeye City offers a range of transportation options to facilitate the movement of its residents and visitors:
- Roadways: The city is well-connected by an extensive network of highways, including Interstate 10, which links it to major cities in Arizona. Local streets and thoroughfares make it easy to navigate within the city.
- Public Transit: Valley Metro, the regional public transportation agency, operates bus routes connecting Buckeye City to other parts of the Phoenix metropolitan area.
- Air Travel: Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix is the closest major airport, offering a wide range of domestic and international flights just a short drive away.