Major Rivers and Roads Map of the US
Major Rivers and Roads Map of the US is the Map of United States of America. You can also free download United States of America Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop. Click Printable Large Map
The Major Rivers of the USA Shows that the Country has over 250,000 rivers. Those Rivers provide drinking water, irrigation water, transportation, electrical power, drainage, food, and recreation.
According to US Major Rivers Map, The longest river in the USA is the Missouri River; it is a tributary of the Mississippi River and is 2,540 miles long. But the biggest in terms of water volume is the deeper Mississippi River. Seven Major Rivers of the USA cross or form international boundaries. The Yukon and Columbia rivers begin in Canada and flow into the United States.
Top US Rivers by Length
1. Missouri, 2,540 miles (flows into Mississippi River)
2. Mississippi, 2,340 miles (flows into the Gulf of Mexico)
3. Yukon, 1,980 miles (flows into the Bering Sea)
4. the Rio Grande, 1,900 miles (flows into the Gulf of Mexico)
4. St. Lawrence, 1,900 miles (flows into the Gulf of St. Lawrence)
6. Arkansas, 1,460 miles (flows into Mississippi River)
7. Colorado, 1,450 miles (flows into the Gulf of California)
8. Red, 1,290 miles (flows into Mississippi River)
9. Brazos, 1,280 miles (flows into the Gulf of Mexico)
10. Columbia, 1,240 miles (flows into the Pacific Ocean)
11. Snake, 1,040 miles (flows into Columbia River)
12. Platte, 990 miles (flows into Missouri River)
13. Ohio, 981 miles (flows into Mississippi River)
14. Pecos, 926 miles (flows into the Gulf of Mexico)
15. Canadian, 906 miles (flows into Arkansas River)
Major Rivers and Interstate Map of the United States
The USA has The longest Road network in the world. The US has a road stretch of more than 4 million miles (6,586,610 km), as per the 2012 CIA Factbook. Each state of the country owns the Department of Transportation which builds and maintains state highways. It also operates or supervises other modes of transportation of the state. Interstate map of the united states.
The USA also has the world’s largest railway network which covers over 180,000 miles (293,564 km). It also has more airports than any other country in the world – 3,513 airports (2013 estimate). The Road Map of the USA comprises the Interstate Highway System as well as other roads that connect the rails, railway stations, ports, truck terminals, major airports, etc, of the country.
✅How Many Interstates are in the US?
There are 70 primary Interstate Highways in the Interstate Highway System, a network of freeways in the United States.
✅Why is it Called an Interstate?
The Interstate Highway System is named after President Eisenhower, who believed a reliable system of freeways was necessary for the economic development and defense of the U.S.
|« Large Political, Physical, Geographical Map of USA||International Airport Map of The USA | US Transport Map »|