Detailed Physical Features Map of the United States
Map : 1080 x 880 px. attribute : jpeg, Size : 322.52KB (in bytes) 330264. Detailed Physical Features Map of the United States is the Map of United States of America. You can also free download United States of America Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop. Click Printable Large Map
This Detailed Physical Map of the United States shows the terrain of all 50 states of the USA. Higher elevation is shown in brown identifying mountain ranges such as the Rocky Mountains, Sierra Nevada Mountains, and the Appalachian Mountains.
Lower elevations are indicated throughout the southeast of the country, as well as along the Eastern Seaboard.
Major rivers in the country include the Mississippi, Missouri, Colorado, Arkansas, and the Columbia.
Large lakes include the Great Lakes system consisting of Lake Superior, Lake Huron, Lake Michigan, Lake Erie, and Lake Ontario are shown on the Physical Map of the United States.
Some Major Physical Features Of USA:
1. The Rocky Mountains is one of the major physical features. It stretches some 3,000 miles from British Columbia and Alberta in Canada through Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and down to New Mexico in the U.S.
2. The Cascades and Coast Ranges run along the Pacific Coast, from parts of western Canada through Washington, Oregon, and California.
3. The Great Plains span the central corridor of the country, made up of flatland covered with prairies and grasslands.
4. Two major groups of coastal plains are found in the south and the southeastern United States. Those coastal plains are known as the Gulf and Atlantic Coastal Plains for their proximity to these bodies of water.
5. Mississippi River is the Part of the longest river system in the United States, the Mississippi runs from Minnesota down to New Orleans, Louisiana, where it drains into the Gulf of Mexico and the Mississippi drains part of 31 different states.