Detailed Physical Features Map of the United States
Detailed Physical Features Map of the United States is the Map of United States of America. You can also free download United States of America Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop. Click Printable Large Map
This Physical map of the United States shows the terrain of all 50 states of the USA. Higher elevation is mentioned in brown identifying mountain ranges such as the Rocky Mountains, Sierra Nevada Mountains, and the Appalachian Mountains. Lower elevations are indicated throughout the southeast of the country, as well as along the Eastern Seaboard.
US Physical Features Map
- Official Name: United States of America
- Capital City: Washington, DC
- Land Area: 9,147,593 km2
- Water Area: 685,924 km2
- Total Area: 9,833,517 km2
- Population: 323,995,528
- Total Border: 12,048 km
- Coastline: 19,924 km
- Population Density: 32.95 / km2
- Bordering Countries: Canada 8893 km (including 2477 km with Alaska), Mexico 3155 km
- Highest Elevation: 6,190 m (Denali)
- Lowest Elevation: -86 m (Death Valley)
- Largest Cities: New York City (8,175,133), Los Angeles (3,792,621), Chicago (2,695,598), Brooklyn (2,300,664), Borough of Queens (2,272,771)
More than twice the size of the European Union, the US has high mountains in the West and a vast, central plain. The lowest point in the country is in Death Valley, which sits 86m below sea level. The highest peak is Mount McKinley, standing a whopping 6,198m tall.
Major rivers in the country include the Mississippi, Missouri, Colorado, Arkansas, and Columbia. Major Large lakes are the Great Lakes system consisting of Lake Superior, Lake Huron, Lake Michigan, Lake Erie, and Lake Ontario are in the Physical Map of the United States.
United States Physical Features Map
Some Major Physical Features Of USA:
1. The Rocky Mountains are one of the major physical features. It stretches some 3,000 miles from British Columbia and Alberta in Canada through Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and down to New Mexico in the U.S.
3. The Great Plains span the central corridor of the country, made up of flatland covered with prairies and grasslands.
4. There are two major groups of coastal plains in the south and the southeastern United States. Those coastal plains are famous as the Gulf and Atlantic Coastal Plains for their proximity to these bodies of water.
5. Mississippi River is part of the longest river system in the United States, the Mississippi runs from Minnesota down to New Orleans, Louisiana, where it drains into the Gulf of Mexico and the Mississippi drains part of 31 different states.
✅What are the Major Physical Features?
A US physical map is one that documents the landscape features of a place. The major physical features of the United States are:
- Mountain ranges.
- Major deserts.
- Major Rivers.
- The great lakes.
The four major types of landforms are mountains, hills, plateaus, and plains.
✅Physical Map of USA
USA physical map is divided into five physical regions: the mountainous west, the Great Plains, the Canadian Shield, the varied eastern region, and the Caribbean. The eastern regions consist of hills and low mountains, while the central interior is a vast plain. The west has high rugged mountain ranges.