Alabama Outline Map | Outline Map of Alabama
Map dimensions: width 480 x height 640 pixels. Image attribute : jpeg, Image Size : 19.27KB (in bytes) 19728. Alabama Outline Map | Outline Map of Alabama is the Map of Alabama. You can also free download Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop. Click Printable Large Map
Alabama is a southeastern U.S. state that’s home to significant landmarks from the American Civil Rights Movement. It is the 30th largest state by area and the 24th-most populous of the U.S. states. Alabama Outline Map Cover 1,500 miles (2,400 km) of inland waterways which have among the most of any state. Alabama’s capital is Montgomery.
The largest city by population is Birmingham and the largest city by land area is Huntsville. The oldest city is Mobile, founded by French colonists in 1702. Greater Birmingham is Alabama’s largest urban economy, its most populous urban area, and its economic center. The state’s economy in the 21st century is based on automotive, finance, manufacturing, aerospace, healthcare, education, retail, and technology.
Alabama State Facts
- Organized as territory: March 3, 1817
- Entered Union: Dec. 14, 1819 (22nd State)
- Present constitution adopted: 1901
- Nickname: Yellowhammer State, also unofficially the Heart of Dixie
- Origin of name: From the Alabama River, itself named after the Alabama people.
- Motto: “Audemus jura nostra defendere” (We dare defend our rights)
- Capital: Montgomery
- State Website: www.alabama.gov
- Land area: 50,744 sq mi. (131,427 sq km)
- Geographic center: In Chilton Co., 12 mi. SW of Clanton
- Number of counties: 67
- State forests: 21 (48,000 ac.)
- State parks: 22 (45,614 ac.)
- 10 largest cities (2014): Birmingham, 212,461; Montgomery, 200,602; Mobile, 194,288; Huntsville, 190,582; Tuscaloosa, 98,332; Hoover, 84,848; Dothan, 68,567; Auburn, 62,059; Decatur, 55,437; Madison, 46,962
|« Alabama Outline County Map | Outline County Map of Alabama Printable||Alabama River map | National Online Project »|