Geographical Satellite Map of the USA
Geographical Satellite Map of the USA is the Map of United States of America. You can also free download United States of America Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop. Click Printable Large Map
The United States of America is the world’s 3rd largest country in terms of Area. It has a total area of 9,826,675 km2 (3,794,100 sq mi). The country is located in North America. The Geography Map of the USA shares borders with the Pacific Ocean in the west and to the east by the Atlantic Ocean. It also shares land borders with Canada and Mexico and maritime borders with Russia, Cuba, the Bahamas, and other countries.
USA Map Facts
- Official Name: United States of America
- Population: 324, 057, 300
- Form of Government: Constitution-based federal republic
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- Area: 9, 826, 630 square kilometers
- Major Mountain Ranges: the Rocky Mountains, Appalachian Mountains
- Major Rivers: Mississippi, Missouri, Colorado
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Money: U.S. dollar
USA Major Geography Facts
- The Highest Mountain: Mount Denali, formerly called Mount McKinley, is 6,190 m/ 20,310 ft high and located in Alaska.
- The Longest River of the USA: Missouri River with 3,767 km/ 2,341 miles. The Missouri River flows through seven states of the USA: Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri. Together with the Mississippi River, it forms one of the largest river systems in the world.
- The Hottest Place in the USA: Death Valley. The Death Valley’s Badwater Basin is also the lowest point in North America. It has a height of 86 m/ 282 ft.
- The largest lake of the USA: Lake Superior, which is shared by Canada (to the north) and the United States (to the east, south, and west). Lake Superior is also considered the largest freshwater lake by area in the world.
- Highest Waterfalls in the USA: The Colonial Creek Falls in Washington State with a height of 783 m/ 2,568 ft. However, the Oloupena Falls in Hawaii have unofficially been named North America’s highest waterfalls with a drop of 900 m/ 2,952 ft.
- The largest U.S. state by land area is Alaska.
- The Most Populous U.S. State is California with almost 40 million inhabitants.
- The Least Populous State is Wyoming with about 580,000 inhabitants.
|« HandMade United States Rivers, Lakes, Water Flows, Mountain And Basin Map||Great River Mississippi Road Map || River Map of the USA »|