Colorado City Map | Colorado Map With Cities
Colorado City Map | Colorado Map With Cities is the Map of Colorado. You can also free download Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop. Click Printable Large Map
Colorado is one of the 50 US states located in the western United States. It is the 8th largest and 21st most populous state. Map of Colorado covers an area of 104,094 square miles and the estimated population is 5.77 million. There are 271 incorporated municipalities in Colorado. Colorado City Map comprises 196 towns, 73 cities, and two consolidated city and county governments.
The capital of Colorado is Denver. It is also the largest city in Colorado. As of 2016, Denver comprised 693,060 inhabitants which made it the 19th most populous city in the United States. Colorado Springs is the second biggest city in terms of population, while Aurora is the third-largest. The major cities of Colorado are Denver, Colorado Springs, Boulder, Fort Collins, and Aurora.
Colorado Map Facts
- Nickname: The Centennial State
- Statehood: 1876; 38th state
- Population (as of July 2015): 5,456,574
- Capital: Denver
- Biggest City: Denver
- Abbreviation: CO
- State bird: lark bunting
- State flower: white and lavender columbine
Geography and Climate
Colorado is a land of contrasts, with mountains, deserts, plains, and forests. The Rocky Mountains run through the western part of the state, with Mount Elbert, the highest peak in the state, reaching an elevation of 14,440 feet. The eastern part of the state is home to the Great Plains, which are characterized by flat, treeless land. Colorado also has a number of deserts, including the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve.
The climate in Colorado varies depending on the elevation. The higher elevations are generally colder and have more snow than the lower elevations. The average temperature in Denver is 52 degrees Fahrenheit, with an average precipitation of 16 inches per year.
Map of Colorado Cities and Towns
The major cities in Colorado are:
- Denver: The capital of Colorado and the most populous city in the state.
- Colorado Springs: The second-most populous city in Colorado and a popular tourist destination.
- Aurora: The third-most populous city in Colorado and a suburb of Denver.
- Fort Collins: A college town located in northern Colorado.
- Pueblo: A city located in southern Colorado.
- Greeley: A city located in northern Colorado.
- Lakewood: A suburb of Denver.
- Boulder: A college town located in northern Colorado.
- Thornton: A suburb of Denver.
- Arvada: A suburb of Denver.
✅Colorado Map of Cities
Colorado is bordered by Utah to the west, New Mexico and Oklahoma to the south, Kansas and Nebraska to the east, and Wyoming to the north. Colorado has the highest average elevation of any U.S. state.
✅Best Cities And Area in Colorado?
Colorado Springs and Boulder were ranked as some of the best places to live in the United States in 2022. With a population of about 16,750 Cañon City, Colorado made it on our list of the most affordable places to live.
|« Texas Rivers Map | Large Printable High Resolution and Standard Map||Maryland Rivers Map | Large Printable High Resolution and Standard Map »|