Alaska Political Map | Large Printable and Standard Map
Alaska Political Map | Large Printable and Standard Map is the Map of Alaska. You can also free download Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop. Click Printable Large Map
Alaska Is the Largest State in the USA And It situated in the north of the United States. Political Map of Alaska Separated from the United States by Canada and It covers an area of 663,268 square miles. Alaska is one of two US states not bordered by another state, Hawaii is the other. However, it is the 3rd least populated state of the country and as of 2016, comprising a population of 741,894 people.
Alaska shares borders with the Canadian province of British Columbia and the territory of Yukon to the east. The state also shares a maritime border with Russia, which is located across the Bering Strait. To the north are the Chukchi and Beaufort seas of the Arctic Ocean, while the Pacific Ocean lies to the south and southwest.
Alaska Map Facts
- Nickname: The Last Frontier
- Statehood: 1959; 49th state
- Population (as of July 2015): 738,432
- Capital: Juneau
- Biggest City: Anchorage
- Abbreviation: AK
- State bird: willow ptarmigan
- State flower: forget-me-not
Alaska was Under Russian from the 1740s until 1867. In 1867, the territory was bought by the US from the Russians. Admission to the Union was on the 3rd of January 1959; Alaska was admitted as the 49th state.
Large Political Map
Alaska Political Map shows the US state of Alaska and the Aleutian Islands with maritime and land boundaries, the location of the state capital Juneau, major cities and populated places, rivers, and lakes, highest mountains, interstate highways, principal highways, ferry lines, and railroads. Juneau is the Political capital of Alaska and Anchorage is the largest city of the state.
Facts About Alaska
- 17 of the 20 highest peaks in the United States are in Alaska, including Denali which is the highest at 20,306 feet above sea level.
- Alaska has the highest male-to-female ratio in the United States. There are 107 men for every 100 women.
- Alaska is called the Land of the Midnight Sun because for over two months in the summer, in the northernmost part of the state, the sun doesn’t set at all!
- The temperature in northern Alaska dropped to -80ºF in 1971, marking the coldest temperature ever recorded in the United States.
- Alaskan Kodiak and polar bears can grow to 1,400 pounds and 11 feet tall. Moose can grow to 1,350 pounds, with an antlers’ span of 72 inches.
|« Alaska Political Map | Large Printable and Standard Map
|River Map of Alaska | Large Printable and Standard Map »