What Is The National Flower of Italy?
Lily found in different colors including white, yellow, pink, red, and orange many have a deeper color on the inner petal.
According to popularity, Violet is considered a flower symbol in the country. The Lily is also has grown from seeds, scales, bulbils, and bulblets. A cool, porous, and well-drained soil is essential for the good growth of lilies.
There are many other flowers found in Italy like Oleanders, Bougainvillea, Jasmine, Crocus, Cyclamen, Bluebell, Aquilegia, Violets, Periwinkles, Alpine Pasque Flower, Spring Gentians, Aster Alpinus, Convolvulus.
National Flower of Italy Lilies is among the oldest cultivated plants. In Asia Minor, during the 2nd millennium BC, the bulb of the Madonna lily was cultivated for use in a medicinal ointment; the ancients raised the bulbs of this species for food.
Profile of Lily
|Botanical Name||Lilium ‘Stargazer’|
|Common Names||Stargazer lily, stargazer, oriental lily|
|Plant Type||Perennial bulb|
|Mature Size||Up to 4 feet tall, with a 1-foot spread|
|Sun Exposure||Full sun|
|Soil Type||Well-draining, evenly moist loamy soil|
|Soil pH||6.3 to 6.8; slightly acidic|
|Flower Color||Pink to crimson, with white edges and dark spots|
|Hardiness Zones||4 to 9, USDA|
|Native Area||NA; this is a hybrid developed in 1978; parent species are native to eastern Asia|
Things About Lily
- Lily is a native and most popular flower in Italy.
- Lilies are popular flowers for gifting purposes it symbolizes purity and refined beauty
- White lilies represent modesty and virginity,
- orange is for passion,
- yellow symbolizes gaiety,
- Lily of the Valley represents sweetness and purity.
- Easter lilies are trumpet-shaped, white and waxy flowers that are a symbol of the Virgin Mary(the mother of Jesus; Christians refer to her as the Virgin Mary; she is especially honored by Roman Catholics)
Rose is also a national flower. This flower is popular all over the world. Red roses symbolize love and passion, white purity, yellow purity.