Political Map of Georgia | Large Printable and Standard Map
Political Map of Georgia | Large Printable and Standard Map is the Map of Georgia state. You can also free download Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop. Click Printable Large Map
Georgia is one of the 50 US states. Georgia is the 24th-largest us state With an area of 153,909 km² (59,425 sq mi). With a population of 10.6 million people (est. 2019), Georgia is the 8th most populous of the 50 United States. Political Map of Georgia shares borders with Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
The Atlantic Ocean is located on the southeast side of Georgia. It also shares state lines with Tennessee and North Carolina in the north. The Chattahoochee River defines a section of the Political Map of Georgia with Alabama in the southwest and a short length of its border with Florida. The Savannah River forms a natural border with South Carolina in the east. Atlanta is the State capital of Georgia.
Georgia Map With Capital
Georgia Map Facts
- Capital City: Atlanta (pop. metro) 5,376,285 (2008 est.)
- Georgia Population: 9,919,945 (2012 est.) (8th)
- Currency: U.S. Dollar (conversion rates)
- Language: English, others
- Largest Cities: (by population) Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Savannah, Athens, Macon
- Statehood: January 2, 1788 (4th state)
- Land Area: (land) 57,906 sq miles (water) 1,522 sq miles (TOTAL) 59,428 sq miles
- Bordering States: (5) Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida
- Counties: (159) Map
- County: (largest by population) Fulton, 816,006
- Highest Point: Brasstown Bald in the far northeastern corner of the state, at 4,784 ft.
- Lowest Point: the Atlantic Ocean, 0 ft.
The first people arrived in what is now Georgia at least 13,000 years ago. By 1,000 B.C. Native American tribes including the Apalachee, Cherokee, and Choctaw lived here.
In 1733 Georgia was established as the 13th colony, and in 1788 it became the fourth U.S. state. But at the start of the Civil War in 1861, Georgia left the Union and wouldn’t return until the end of the war in 1865.
✅Printable Map of Georgia
Georgia is known for its peaches, its southern hospitality, and for being the birthplace of some of the most influential people in the world including Martin Luther King.
✅What are the Five States that Border GA?
Georgia is bordered by Tennessee in the north, South Carolina and the Atlantic Ocean in the east, Florida in the south, and Alabama in the west.
|« Florida Political Map | Large Printable and Standard Political Map||Washington Blank Outline Map | Printable HD and Standard Map »|