PDF Time Zone Map of US
PDF Time Zone Map of US is the Map of United States of America. You can also free download United States of America Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop. Click Printable Large Map
The Time Zone Map of the US consists of multiple time zones across the contiguous 48 states, Alaska, Hawaii, and several U.S. territories. Alaska and Hawaii have their own time zones, There are five more US time Zone maps comprising different U.S. territories. Printable us time zone map.
US Time Zone
The United States spans multiple time zones across the contiguous 48 states, Alaska, Hawaii, and several U.S. territories. Here is an overview of the primary time zones and their boundaries in the United States:
1. Eastern Time Zone (ET):
– Eastern Standard Time (EST) is UTC-5.
– Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) is UTC-4 during daylight saving time.
– States in this zone include New York, Washington, D.C., Florida, Georgia, and many others on the East Coast.
2. Central Time Zone (CT):
– Central Standard Time (CST) is UTC-6.
– Central Daylight Time (CDT) is UTC-5 during daylight saving time.
– States in this zone include Texas, Illinois, Missouri, and much of the Midwest.
3. Mountain Time Zone (MT):
– Mountain Standard Time (MST) is UTC-7.
– Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) is UTC-6 during daylight saving time.
– States in this zone include Colorado, Arizona, Utah, and parts of Idaho and New Mexico.
4. Pacific Time Zone (PT):
– Pacific Standard Time (PST) is UTC-8.
– Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) is UTC-7 during daylight saving time.
– States in this zone include California, Oregon, Washington, and Nevada.
5. Alaska Time Zone (AKT):
– Alaska Standard Time (AKST) is UTC-9.
– Alaska Daylight Time (AKDT) is UTC-8 during daylight saving time.
– Alaska is the only U.S. state in this time zone.
6. Hawaii-Aleutian Time Zone (HAST/HADT):
– Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HAST) is UTC-10.
– Hawaii-Aleutian Daylight Time (HADT) is UTC-9 during daylight saving time.
– Hawaii and the Aleutian Islands of Alaska are in this time zone.
7. Atlantic Time Zone (AT):
– Atlantic Standard Time (AST) is UTC-4.
– Atlantic Daylight Time (ADT) is UTC-3 during daylight saving time.
– This time zone is observed in the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
8. Samoa Time Zone (SST):
– Samoa Standard Time (SST) is UTC-11.
– This time zone is observed in American Samoa, a U.S. territory.
9. Chamorro Time Zone (ChST):
– Chamorro Standard Time (ChST) is UTC+10.
– This time zone is observed in Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. territories in the Pacific.
Please note that the observance of daylight saving time (DST) varies by region, and not all states and territories in the U.S. observe DST. Therefore, the offset for daylight saving time is not uniform across the country. Be sure to check specific local regulations and practices for the most accurate time information in a particular area.
Printable Time Zone Map US
Generalized Time Zone is often called by their generic name, without making a difference between standard time and Daylight Saving Time.
The contiguous US has 4 standard time zones. In addition, Alaska, Hawaii, and 5 US dependencies all have their own time zones. As neither Hawaii nor the 5 dependencies use Daylight Saving Time (DST), there are only 6 corresponding DSTs in the State Wise Time Zone Map of the US.
✅US Time Zone Map PDF
The United States of America is one of the biggest countries in different time zones. People need to understand the time zones if they are doing research or traveling from one place to another. Below are some of the best us time zone map printables that you can download for free.
✅Why USA have Different Time Zones?
Noon would be the middle of the day in some places, but it would be morning, evening, and the middle of the night in others. Since different parts of Earth enter and exit daylight at different times, we need different time zones. On November 18, 1883, America’s railroads began using a standard time system involving four time zones, Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific.