What Is The National Map of China?
China is a vast country in East Asia with Covering approximately 9.6 million square kilometers (3.7 million mi2). National Map of China is the world’s third or fourth-largest country by area. It is also the world’s most populous country, with a population of around 1.4 billion. China shares its borders with 14 countries: Afghanistan, Bhutan, India, Kazakhstan, North Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Vietnam.
The country is officially is divided into 22 administrative provinces (sheng), 5 autonomous regions (zizhiqu), 4 municipalities (shi), and 2 special administrative regions. Located in North China, is Beijing – the capital of China. Beijing is the world’s most populous capital city with over 21 million residents. It is also one of the world’s as well as China’s leading cultural, administrative, educational, and economic centers.
Key Facts About China Map
- Official Name: People’s Republic of China (Zh?nghu Rnmn Gnghgu)
- Land area: 3,600,927 sq mi (9,326,411 sq km)
- Water Area: 270,550.00 km2
- Total area: 3,705,407 sq mi (9,596,960 sq km)1
- Population: 1,384,688,986 (July 2018 est.)
- Capital: Beijing, 15.594 million
- Other large cities: Shanghai 20.208 million; Guangzhou 10.849 million; Shenzhen 10.63 million; Chongqing 9.977 million; Wuhan 9.158 million (2011)
- Currency: Yuan/Renminbi
- GDP: $14.34 Trillion
- GDP Per Capita: $10,261.68
- Major Rivers: The major rivers in China are the Yangtse River, the Yellow River, and the Pearl River.
- Mountain Ranges: The highest mountain range in the world, the Himalayas, borders China. Other Major mountain ranges in China are the Ch’ang-Pai Mountains, the Tsinling Mountains, and the Nan range.
- Highest Point: The highest point in China is Mount Everest (8,850 m tall), in the Himalayas.
- Lowest Point: The lowest point in China is Turpan Pendi (the Turpan Depression), 154 meters (505 feet) below sea level. It is located in northwestern China.