The Ultimate LinkedIn Image Size Guide
What Is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a social network for professionals. It is a platform built for business interaction, career search and recruiting. People use LinkedIn to widen their professional network, find new opportunities and connect with other professionals.
Your LinkedIn profile can be your resume, so recruiters and potential business partners may take a look at it to evaluate you as a professional. The LinkedIn profile usually includes information about work experience, skills, education, etc.
It must be mentioned that you are able to search and apply for jobs through LinkedIn. You will receive recommendations from LinkedIn about jobs you might be interested in. If you are looking for a specific position you can type the job title into the search field.
At its core, LinkedIn is a social networking site. Used properly it offers four primary benefits to it’s 560 Million members:
- The ability to build a Professional Profile Presence that can be discovered in both LinkedIn search and Google/Bing Search
- The ability to directly connect to peers, clients, customers, partners, etc and by building this extensive network be able to discover others who could become a good connection leading into business or career conversations
- The ability to build a professional reputation based on the types of content you share and/or engage in within LinkedIn’s newsfeed, company pages, and groups.
- The ability to discover new ideas based on the content shared on LinkedIn and the people who use LinkedIn regularly.
LinkedIn Cover Photos Size
Personal and business profiles have slightly varying cover photo sizes. Company pages extend their cover photos all the way to the left and right sides of the page, while personal pages are cropped.
Business Profile Cover Photo
The recommended size for these is 1536 x 768px. (PNG, JPG or GIF format). This is the top header cover for your public profile so that when you connect with people and they check you out your top header is nicely designed.
We recommend having this in your company branding, however, if you wanted something more abstract you could go to a website like Unsplash and find nice scenery. These are commercial-free images you can use, which are phenomenal.
Personal Profile Cover Photo
When you’re creating and uploading your cover photo, you need to make sure it matches LinkedIn’s guidelines and sizing so it doesn’t get reject (and ends up looking great).
According to the official LinkedIn site, here are the most recent guidelines for your cover photo size and dimensions:
- 1,584 x 396 pixels is the recommended cover photo size
- Cover photos can be larger or smaller but should always maintain a 129:8 aspect ratio
LinkedIn Profile Photos Size
LinkedIn business and personal profile pages have different designs, so naturally, their profile picture sizes vary too. But put your ruler away, here’s how to size both:
Personal Profile Photos Size
For your profile picture which is your headshot the recommended size given by LinkedIn is 400 x 400px. (PNG, JPG or GIF format). If you have an image smaller than this size forget about it, it’s going to be way too stretched and look pixelated. If it’s smaller than that – time to go get a better photo taken in high resolution.
Business Profile Photos Size
The company profile picture is generally your logo on the company page you create, the recommended size given by LinkedIn is 300 x 300px (PNG, JPG or GIF format).
LinkedIn Post Image Size
LinkedIn photo post size seems difficult to determine. It appears to be a slightly taller shape than previously, but no one seems to agree on the size. If you find someone who makes picture quotes specifically to a LinkedIn size, won’t you let us know?
1200 x 1200 square looks best on desktop but gets cropped to horizontal in the mobile feed. The link share size works best there.
- 1200px wide by 1200px tall
- 1:1 aspect ratio
- 1200px wide by 628px tall for mobile
- 300:157 aspect ratio
Recommended LinkedIn image sizes for 2020:
- LinkedIn company logo size: 300 x 300
- LinkedIn cover photo size: 1536 x 768
- LinkedIn Dynamic Ads size: 100 x 100 (company logo)
- LinkedIn Sponsored Content image size: 1200 x 627
- LinkedIn Hero image size: 1128 x 376
- LinkedIn Business Banner image: 646 x 220
- LinkedIn profile picture size: 400 x 400
- LinkedIn background photo size: 1584 x 396
- LinkedIn post image size: 1200 x 1200 (desktop) 1200 x 628 (mobile)
- LinkedIn link post size: 1200 x 628
- LinkedIn video size: 256 x 144 (minimum) to 4096 x 2304 (maximum)
- Maximum LinkedIn video length: 10 minutes