Map of Queensland | Political, Geography, Outline And Cities Map
Queensland is a state situated in northeastern Australia. With an area of 1,852,642 square kilometers (715,309 sq mi), It is the second-largest Australian state. Queensland has a population of over 5.1 million. Map of Queensland shares borders to the north and east by the Coral Sea (an embayment of the southwestern Pacific Ocean), to the south by New South Wales, to the southwest by South Australia, and to the west by the Northern Territory.
Queensland Fast Facts
- Name: Queensland
- Capital: Brisbane (2,146,577 population) (2012)
- Population: 4,676,400 (2014)
- Population Density: 2.61/km2 (6.8 /sq mi)
- Currency: Australian Dollar
- Largest Cities: (by population) Brisbane, Gold Coast, Townsville, Thuringowa, Cairns, Toowoomba
- Name: Named for the reigning queen at the time of declaration, Queen Victoria
- National Day: January 26
- Time Zone: UTC+10 (AEST) does not observe DST
Political Map of Queensland
Queensland is a northeastern Australian state occupying the wettest and most tropical part of the continent. Political Map of Queensland shares border with the Northern Territory, South Australia, and New South Wales, as well as the Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Carpentaria, and the Coral Sea. The capital is Brisbane located on the state’s southeastern coast.
Geography Map of Queensland
The Geography Map of Queensland features tropical islands, sandy beaches, flat river plains, elevated plateaus, dry deserts, and agricultural belts. The Great Barrier Reef, which is the world’s largest coral reef system, runs parallel to the state’s Coral Sea coast between the Torres Strait and Fraser Island. The major rivers of the state are the Flinders, Mitchell, Fitzroy, Mary, and Brisbane Rivers. The Flinders River is the longest of these rivers.
- Land Area: (land) 668,207 sq miles (1,730,648 sq km) (water) 47,102 sq miles (121,994 sq km) (TOTAL) 715,309 sq miles (1,852,642 sq km).
- Geographic Center: About 117.44 miles (189 km) southeast of Winton
- Highest Point: Mt. Bartle Frere 5,321 ft (1,622 m)
- Lowest Point: Pacific Ocean 0 m
Outline Map of Queensland
Queensland is a state situated in northeastern Australia. With an area of 1,852,642 square kilometers (715,309 sq mi), Queensland is the world’s sixth-largest sub-national entity and is larger than all but 15 countries.
Cities Map of Queensland
|2||Gold Coast, QLD||376,533|
Map of Queensland | Political, Geography, Outline And Cities Map is the Map of Australia . You can also free download Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop.