Road Map of Australia | Major Roads and Highways of Australia
Australia is officially known as The Commonwealth of Australia and is located in the southern hemisphere. With an area of 7,617,930 km², It is the sixth-largest country in the world, with only about 25.4 million inhabitants (in 2020). The largest city in Australia is Sydney and the capital of Australia is Canberra. The Road Map of Australia connects all mainland states and territories of Australia. It is also the major network of highways and motorways connecting Australia’s capital cities and major regional centers.
Roads of Australia
The road network in the south is generally paved highways and secondary roads, with one road and one rail line heading east to SZ and the rest of the country. Roads in the north tend to be dirt, with the exception of the highway going towards Darwin in NT. There are no roads through the Great Sandy Desert, but the Canning Stock Route crosses the eastern fringe, going north-south. One needs an expensive permit to drive this hazardous track.
Highways of Australia
There are various highways that connect major cities of Australia like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Adelaide. The Highways are managed by state and territory government agencies, though Australia’s federal government contributes funding for important links between capital cities and major regional centers.
List of Highways Network
- Sydney to Melbourne – Hume Motorway/Hume Highway/Hume Freeway
- Sydney to Brisbane – the Pacific Motorway (Sydney–Newcastle), New England and Cunningham Highways route, and the Pacific Highway route
- Brisbane to Darwin – Warrego, Landsborough, Barkly, and Stuart Highways
- Brisbane to Melbourne – Warrego, Gore, Newell and Goulburn Valley Highways and Hume Freeway
- Melbourne to Adelaide – Western Freeway, Western Highway, Dukes Highway, and South Eastern Freeway
- Adelaide to Sydney – Sturt and Hume Highway/Hume Motorway
- Adelaide to Perth – Port Wakefield Road, Augusta Highway, Eyre, Coolgardie-Esperance (part), and Great Eastern Highways
- Perth to Darwin – Great Northern, Victoria, and Stuart Highways
- Sydney to Canberra – Hume Motorway/Hume Highway and Federal Highway
- Melbourne to Canberra – Hume Freeway/Hume Highway and Barton Highway
- Hobart to Burnie including the link from Launceston to Bell Bay – Brooker, Midlands, and the Bass Highway
- Townsville to Mount Isa – Flinders Highway
- Melbourne to Sale – Princes Highway
- Perth to Bunbury – South Western Highway
- Melbourne to Mildura – Calder Highway
- Sydney to Dubbo – Great Western and Mitchell Highways
- Sydney to Wollongong – Princes Motorway and Princes Highway
- Melbourne to Geelong – Princes Highway
Road Map of Australia | Major Roads and Highways of Australia is the Map of Australia . You can also free download Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop.