Map of Victoria | Political, Geography, Outline And Cities Map
The state of Victoria is located in the south-eastern corner of mainland Australia. Map of Victoria occupies approximately 3% of the area of land covered by Australia as a whole. The state shares border To the north with New South Wales, while its western edge borders South Australia. In the south, Victoria is separated from the island state of Tasmania by the waters of Bass Strait.
Victoria is the second-smallest state with a land area of 227,444 km2 (87,817 sq mi). It has a population of over 6.6 million. Melbourne is the state capital and most populous city of Victoria. The city is known for its style and elegance, boasting some of Australia’s best shopping, fine dining, and the arts.
Fast Facts About Victoria
- Name: Victoria
- Capital: Melbourne (4,170,000 population) (2012)
- Population: 5,768,600 (2014)
- Population Density: 24.51/km2 (63.5 /sq mi)
- Currency: Australian Dollar
- Largest Cities: (by population) Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo
- Name: Named for Queen Victoria
- Time Zone: UTC+10 (AEST) UTC+11 (AEDT)
Political Map of Victoria
Victoria is the southernmost mainland state of Australia. It is separated from New South Wales to the north by the Murray River for a length of about 1,065 miles (1,715 km) and by an additional boundary of some 110 miles (180 km) linking Cape Howe and the nearest source of the Murray. The Political Map of Victoria shares border To the north with New South Wales, while its western edge borders South Australia. In the south, Victoria is separated from the island state of Tasmania by the waters of Bass Strait.
Geography Map of Victoria
Victoria occupies the southeast corner of the continent between latitudes 34 and 39 south and longitudes 141 and 150 east. It covers a land area of 227,444 km2 (87,817 sq mi). The major rivers of Victoria include the Goulburn, Snowy, and Murray Rivers. Within the Great Dividing Range stands Mount Bogong, Victoria’s highest peak at 6,516 ft (1,986 m).
- Land Area: (land) 87,806 sq miles (227,416 sq km) (water) 3,943 sq miles (10,213 sq km) (TOTAL) 91,749 sq miles (237,629 sq km) To convert sq km (kilometers) to sq mi (miles)
- Horizontal Width: 354.91 miles (571.17 km) from Hamilton east to Orbost
- Vertical Length: 215.73 miles (347.19 km) from Swan Hill south
- Highest Point: Mount Bogong 6,516 ft (1,986 m)
- Lowest Point: Bass Strait 0 m
Outline Map of Victoria
Victoria is Australia’s second-smallest state, covering 227,600 square kilometers. It is located on the Australian east coast. Victoria’s capital, Melbourne is located around the shores of Port Phillip Bay. The city itself sits beside the Yarra River, about five kilometers from the bay.
Cities Map of Victoria
10 Largest Cities by Population:-
|No.||City||Year settled||Population||Distance from Melbourne|
Map of Victoria | Political, Geography, Outline And Cities Map is the Map of Australia . You can also free download Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop.