What is The Honours System Of England?
The British honors system is a means of rewarding individuals’ personal bravery, achievement, or service to the United Kingdom and the British Overseas Territories. The system consists of three types of award: honors, decorations, and medals.
The current system is made up of six orders of chivalry and four orders of merit. The statutes of each order specify matters such as the size of the order, the use of post-nominal letters and insignia design and display.
1. The Most Noble Order of the Garter
2. The Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle
3. The Most Honourable Order of the Bath
4. The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
5. The Distinguished Service Order
6. The Order of Merit