Map of Gansu Province | Political, Outline, Geography And Cities Map
Gansu is a landlocked Province located in Northwest China and its provincial capital is Lanzhou. The Map of Gansu Province covers an area of over 450,000 square kilometers with a population of 26 million belong to the Han, Hui, Tibetan, Dongxiang, Yugur, Bonan, Mongolia, Kazak, Tu, Salar, and Manchu nationalities. It is one of the birthplaces of the Chinese nation and Chinese civilization, and one of the birthplaces of traditional Chinese medicine. The Province shares borders with Ningxia, Shaanxi, Inner Mongolia, Sichuan, Qinghai, Xinjiang, and Mongolia.
One of the earliest and most significant claims to fame is that the Qin people that went on to unify China under Qin Shihuangdi may have originated from Gansu. Wudi, the August emperor of the succeeding Han dynasty sought to solve once and for all the threat from barbarian tribes to the north. He strengthened existing parts of the Great Wall, built new walls, and forced the resettlement of up to 500,000 people into the Gansu region to consolidate Han rule.
- Chinese Name: 甘肃 (gān sù)
- Abbreviation: Gan/Long
- Population: 26,372,600
- Area: 425,900 square kilometers (164,441 square miles)
- Location: in northwestern China
- Administrative Division: 12 cities (Lanzhou, Jiayuguan, Jinchang, Baiyin, Tianshui, Wuwei, Zhangye, Pingliang, Jiuquan, Qingyang, Dingxi, Longnan); 2 autonomous prefectures (Linxia, Gannan); 17 districts; 5 county-level cities; 57 counties; 7 autonomous counties
- GDP (2018): CNY 824.61 billion (USD 124.62 billion)
- Nationalities: Han, Kazak, Mongolian, Tibetan, Hui, Dongxiang, Tu, Manchu
Political Map of Gansu Province
Gansu Province is Situated in the upper reaches of the Huanghe River, northwest China. Political Map of Gansu Province shares borders with Shaanxi in the east, Sichuan, Qinghai in the south, Xinjiang in the west, Inner Mongolia and the Peoples Republic of Mongolia in the north, and Ningxia in the northeast.
The Province is the historic gateway into China and stands between the high Tibetan mountain chains to the southwest and the Gobi desert to the north offering a trading corridor with Central Asia through the ages. The Great Wall snakes along its northern edge up to the Silk Route’s fort at Jiuquan. The name Gansu is one of the few provinces named after two places ‘Gan’ (Zhangye area) and ‘Su’ (Jiuquan area).
Outline Map of Gansu Province
Gansu is located in the upper reaches of the Yellow River, northwest China. It is one of the cradles of Chinese culture. Surrounded by mountains, Gansu is mostly in the 1,000 meters (3,281 feet) above sea level and has varied and complicated topography ranging from snowy mountains to the vast stretches of grasslands, broad and desolate deserts, lush forests, and mysterious lakes.
Geography Map of Gansu Province
Cold in winter and very hot in summer, the province has very low rainfall. The province belongs to the temperate monsoon climate zone and is one of the arid provinces in China. The annual mean temperature is 4-14c and the annual rainfall is merely 300-560 mm. Gansu Province occupies a long narrow area at the junction of Loess Plateau, Mongolia Plateau, and Qinghai-Xizang (Tibet) Plateau.
Mountainous areas and plateau make up 70% of the total land and most parts of the province are as high as 1000-3000 meters above sea level. The annual average temperature is about 0C to 15C. The lowest temperature occurs in January and is approximate -14C to 3C and the highest temperature is in July between 22C and 25C.
Cities Map of Gansu Province
- Lanzhou – 2,000 years of history, the capital of Gansu Province
- Dunhuang – Buddhist grottoes, a colossal treasure trove
- Guangzhou – more Buddhist grottoes plus some ruined cities
- Jiayuguan – Fort at the western end of the Great Wall, nicknamed “Last Fort Under Heaven”
- Linxia – colorful Islamic market town known for its mosques and madrasahs
- Tianshui – more Buddhist grottoes, 194 cave shrines, nicknamed “Gallery of Oriental Sculpture”
Map of Gansu Province | Political, Outline, Geography And Cities Map is the Map of China . You can also free download Map images HD Wallpapers for use desktop and laptop.